Friday, February 6, 2009

Kisses and Disses

Ok so I totally stole this idea from one of my favorite blogs.. I thought it was really cute though.. She highlights the good parts (kisses) and bad parts (disses) of the week. Plus I haven't blogged in a while because there isn't too much interesting going on. So here goes.
Disses:
*Cold weather. I have been so over winter since the first week of December and being that it is now February and I'm pretty sure this is like the coldest winter in Florida so far in my entire life, I'm really ready for like..idk..70 degree weather. I am ready to move back to Florida. (Brittany: "But we are in Florida...") Oh, and I hate the static caused by cold weather...it does nothing for my hair.
*The ACT. Well, even more than the ACT, guidance counselors. I have to take the ACT tomorrow, meaning that I have to be at the school from before 8:00 until 1:00. Not cool. But what's even worse about this is that I wouldn't have to take it again if my wonderful guidance counselor hadn't told me that I didn't need to take the writing portion of the test the first time. Only every major university requires it. Ugh.
*AP classes. This time not because of the work (although that too..) but because I'm actually learning stuff in history. Crazy, I know. The horrible thing though is that this wealth of fairly useless information floods my mind every time I hear certain words or names or expressions. (Ex: "Nasty" - Thomas B. Nast. Political cartoonist of the late 19th century. Defended immigrants, exposed Boss Tweed, loved Grant, lived in NY.) You catch my drift. It's a sickness.

Kisses
*Robin Jones Gunn. I just got the second book in a series by Gunn that I'm reading. I'm pretty excited. It's unfortunate that I really should be reading Killer Angels for APUSH instead.
*My friends. They're pretty much the sweetest. We had a great time hangin out today while we were "mentoring" 10th graders for their upcoming FCAT writing test.
*Pandora.com. My friend Crystal told me about it. You put in a song or artist you like and it creates a "radio station" for you with music it thinks you'll like. It's pretty nice since I'm bored with all the music on my iPod right now. Oh, btw, it's not an actual radio station. It's just called that. It's just a playlist on the internet. I guess I have to include that disclaimer now. (Brittany: "How do you know what number to turn it to on the radio in your car?) ;)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Praying all went well with the ACT today! I'm sure you did fabulous!

Brittany said...

I love how you quote me in all that good stuff lol...
im just that special :)
i love you even when u make fun of me lol