Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The End is Near...

Well, today was the first day of school after Christmas break and we are a few days from the end of the first semester. It hit me today - I'm halfway through my junior year of high school! AHHHH!!!! Lol. It's crazy to think that at this time next year I will be making definite decisions about college. Crazy. It's so good to know that I'm not the one making these decisions because if I was I would make a mess of them. It's never been more real to me than now that God has a plan for my life and it is so much better than mine. Right now, MY tentative plan is to go to UF for Radiology...possibly...I don't really know but that's the idea today. Like I said, God's plans are always better.
I did have some good news today about my current schoolwork. I made an A on both of my AP midterms!! This may not seem very exciting to you or I know a person or two who would tell me that they knew I would pull it out and shouldn't have been worrying about it but I was definitely stressing. All I can say is...thank goodness for college curves. Anyways, hopefully this will pull my average in both of those classes back up to an A. YAY!
Also, yesterday in the mail I got something exciting. It's not unusual for Mom to bring in a few letters from colleges each day but yesterday there was one from a different "League"...Harvard. I opened it to find a letter congratulating me for my high PSAT scores and inviting me to attend their summer school. I haven't received my scores yet for the PSAT/NMSQT (National Merit Scholars Qualifying Test) so I don't know what I made but I guess they're alright for Harvard to have noticed. Haha. Hopefully those scores will be high enough that I will go through the semi-finalist and finalist processes to become a National Merit Scholar, which basically guarantees most colleges' acceptance and WONDERFUL financial packages.
Soo...all in all..I'm excited about finding out what the next few years hold. I know it's gonna go by really fast.

4 comments:

The Reinolds said...

HARVARD?!?!?!?!?

I don't want you to move that far away but.. you're right, God's ways are much higher than ours. If He puts you at Harvard, I'll be ecstatic for you.

You will just have to come flying home everytime I go into labor, ok?

Frank and Teen said...

Wow.. Congrats Melody! That's awesome, not only about your midterms, but also about your PSAT scores! That's fantastic!
I'll be praying for you as you go through the decision making process!!

Jenn said...

Way to go Mammy!
You are going to be great at whatever God calls you to do and wherever He calls you to go. :)

Carrie said...

That is awesome, Melody! I knew you were smart, but wow!! Praying for God's best for you, babe!