Monday, June 29, 2009

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

Youth camp was last week. It went by so fast! It was awesome though. Like, probably one of the best camps I've ever been to. As far as what I got out of it anyway. The speaker was from an organization called First Priority which tries to emphasize the importance of churches in a community, especially youth groups, coming together to work towards a common goal of reaching their schools for Christ. That was very appropriate because one of the main ideas behind the camp was uniting churches in our community that have traditionally been somewhat prejudiced against each other. Anyhow, so it was really cool to see everybody group together at the end of the week with other kids from their schools to pray for the upcoming school year. Worship was awesome too. A guy named Chris Clayton led the music and I got a lot out of that. Mainly, it occured to me that the God that created the universe actually wants to know me. Even though that is a large part of my faith I think a lot of times we, or I at least, who grew up in church forget the magnitude of that statement.
One of the things I went into the week kind of wanting an answer about was college. My ever present problem haha. Unfortunately, now I am the least certain I have been about it in a while. I started thinking about it after I got home and it just feels like all the plans I had made are shaken. I kept thinking I wanted to go to UF, but I don't know anymore. It just doesn't feel right. I may be wrong, who knows. I still plan on applying and just seeing what happens. I'm thinking more about Emory. It intimidates me less because it's not a "party school" like UF is. However, it is also exponentially more expensive so it would all depend on what kind of financial aid package they offered me. And besides that, it's also dawned on me that depending on what I decide to major in I don't have to go to a school with a medical program for my bachelor's degree. Plenty of colleges have BS degrees in Biology or some other Pre-med type major so that I could go to a different college then go to UF or Emory or wherever for a master's or whatever I decide on. So who knows? The funny thing is, at this point when I am the least certain I have been in a long time, I have the greatest peace about it. At first I was all like, wait a minute. You must've misunderstood me. I said I wanted an answer about this, not for You to shake everything I thought I knew. But God's just given me a peace about it and I know that as long as I am in His Word and striving to do His will He's going to show me what I'm supposed to do.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome outlook, Melody! And God will and can use you no matter what school you attend. I don't think it matters as much about where you attend as it does about what you do for Him while you're there. We'll keep praying!

The Reinolds said...

You know that I want you close to us but.... we will continue praying for God's will.

We're so proud of you regardless of where you go to school.