Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A letter...

My guidance counselor found me today to give me a letter. He held it out to me and I saw that the return address said ... National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Yeahhh. It took me a second then I went..."Oooh!" Haha. I made it into the first round of the competition to become a National Merit Scholar which means I'm in the top 50,000 that took the test this year. Therefore, I'm eligible for their recommendation program in which I choose two universities for NMSC to contact with my information and encourage them to contact me about attending there. The problem with this being I actually have to choose two. Haha. Anyways, in the fall they'll cut that 50,000 to 16,000 who will become semi-finalists. If I make that, awesome. If not, it's still pretty good to be a "Commended Scholar". So that was my excitement for the day. Lol.

3 comments:

The Reinolds said...

YAY!!!

Carrie said...

Congrats, Melody!! That is awesome!

Shauna Rae said...

Yay! That's so exciting! :)